I love mail. I don’t even mind the grocery ads that come every Wednesday anymore. The boys are my mail retrievers when I come home from work in the evening, and that tends to make things an exciting adventure when they help. Unexpected mail is even better, good, unexpected mail, in a big box.
That very thing greeted me at the front door when I came home today, and the unexpected return address gave me butterflies.
Nine squares and an expert join from ten people I have never met, but I’m lucky to have friended on a knitting website. A huge heartfelt thanks to Julie, Aryn, Jen, Leslie, Lisa, Irene, Melissa, Susan, Hanna and Bobbi! I’m overwhelmed with this wonderful surprise and so thankful for your generosity. Its perfect, its just what I wanted and didn’t know I needed, and its handmade (I think this is my first handknit gift from anyone that wasn’t part of a swap)! I thank you for all the planning that went in to this and the time you spent to knit for me.
I’m sorry I couldn’t get all the squares in one photo during the daylight, but I’m positive it will be in many photos to come. A truly wonderful gift for our new baby. The boys were very excited…they’re still wondering when, if ever, I’m going to unzip my belly button and let the darn baby out.
Thank you so much ladies! Courtney and Baby D #3 (and Steve and Tito and Ry)

3 comments:
Awww, I'm so glad you enjoyed receiving it. It's just our way of getting to virtually "hold" the new baby. ;-) Best Wishes to the family! xxxooo
It was a joy to do. Ditto what Julie said :D
"turtlejen" on Rav, sorry about the deleted post above ^
Post a Comment