Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Baby Can Write His Name!

T's name! 001

I’m at lunch with my boys on my day off and while I’m signing the bill my 4yo borrows the pen to “write his name”. ‘This’ll be good’, I think, and when I look over after I’m done he’s already got the T and i down. What? When did he learn to write his name?? (He does go to preschool after all, I’m happy to see that he is learning something concrete there.) He did request help with the first m and the e, but the rest was all my little lefty. So proud.

I’m always sad he’s getting bigger. I still remember telling him not to get bigger when we dropped him off for daycare when he was 4 months old. He now gives me roughly the same response when I tell him not to get any bigger: ‘I AM bigger, but I’ll always be your best guy.’

No comments: