Monday, August 09, 2010

Simple Swapping

Even the simple swap is tough. Limited to 3 items, its hard to edit yourself sometimes. Especially when you find something that “perfect” for your partner. The three-item swap though might even make the contents more particular, or more special. A huge thanks to Steph for a perfect 1-2-3.
Before:
knitting 454
After:
knitting 461
Two skeins of Crystal Palace Merino 5 in an ominous blue-gray (love), a sheepy tape measure (one of those things I’ve always wanted, but am way too practical to buy myself…and as I think about it, how is a tape measure inside a wooly case not practical…I’m way too ridiculous sometimes, I may need to add to the flock…), and a handmade  Amy Butler fabric notebook case (as well as a great little handmade card which is technically item #4, but I’m not telling Crystal).
While the boys are breaking in the new “measure sheep”, I’m off to doodle in my new project planner…

2 comments:

Celestya22 said...

Love the notebook case, and the sheep is sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I love swaps! I just did my first in the Knit Picks Lovers group on Ravelry. It was so fun putting together a package for someone else. Now, I am waiting for my package. :)