Saturday, March 20, 2010

When I looked out the window I saw blue sky

pea shoots 002

This is my four year-old’s favorite thing to say, whether he’s looked out the window or not, or whether its blue sky or (usually) not.

But its a wonderful way to greet the day and it reminds often to embrace the morning like a four year-old.

So as I sit here at the end of a  blue-sky morning that began with pancakes and my mother-in-law taking the kids for the weekend, I’m delighted to have embraced this day.

I’ve spent a greater portion of the day knitting in the sun on the deck. I brought the pea shoots that my son planted in preschool out to enjoy the weather with me.  As the sun gets low behind the new clouds I can smell the evergreen clematis on the occasional breath of breeze and the woodpeckers have emerged from the winter to remind me that Spring is here.

No comments: